e-mail Tom at TomNoeker@Me.com
THOMAS A. NOEKER, MASTER SHIPWRIGHT
MASTER MARINE SURVEYOR # 70109N
OVER 40 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE IN KEY AREAS:
HIGHLIGHTS OF CAREER MARINE EXPEREINCES
• MARINE CONSULTANT: JARMADA Corporation, Coconut Grove, FL,1983
Key man to Jim Ryder, Owner, RYDER CORP.
• MERCHANT MARINE: Gore Tug Corporation, Amsterdam, The Netherlands,
1982, Boatswain’s Mate aboard 164 ft. Tug Boat, one year service,
High Seas Stand-by Rescue, Circumnavigation of world oceans
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST: Thermo Contracting Corporation,
Brick, New Jersey/ Pompano Beach, FL., 1975-1987, Consultant /
Job Superintendent: On contractual basis, responsible for planning,
implementation, and completion of projects involving rebuilding,
renovations, take-over / troubleshooting of uncompleted projects
for government and armed forces structures and installations in US
and Caribbean areas. Locations covered such installations as;
* HVAC Systems,
* Fuel Dispensing Systems,
* Power Supply and Control Systems,
* Switch Gear,
* Structural Building Rehabilitation, and
* Improvement of Energy Conservation.
Several major assignments involved critical installations in sensitive
Defense department system bases; Eleuthra Naval Weapons Station,
NASA, White Sands Missile Range, Camp David, among others.
Supervised up to 30 highly skilled workers, at times managing as many
as three projects simultaneously in different states of the U.S.
Security Clearance required for engagement in top-secret level work.
• MASTER SHIPWRIGHT, CEO, KEY WEST ROWING CLUB, INC.
1987-2006, Self-Employed Master Shipwright; Key West, FL.
Design, Construction, Restoration; Overseer of marine industry
jobs including new design, highly technical construction
of new line of wooden boats, large sail / motor yacht repair / restoration,
full-service operations supervisor of employees on multi-skilled levels,
performing of innovative techniques in marine repair, construct, new
design work expertise. Incorporated Shipwright Art in restoration of
large homes and design of specialty. Custom furniture line developed.
• GENERAL MANAGER, SUNSHINE MARINE COMPANY, Ft. Lauderdale
and Pompano Beach, Florida. 1972-1975
Supervised 7 employees in various technical marine skills over 4 years.
• YACHT DELIVERY SERVICE, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, delivered over 30 yachts;
From east coast to various ports in Caribbean; 2001 delivery to Malaga,
Spain, Transatlantic Delivery, as Chief Navigator and Skipper, crew 3.
Logged >70,000 miles at sea, over 30 years seamanship experience.
EARLIER EMPLOYMENT AND SPECIALIZED EDUCATION / TRAINING:
• SAILBOAT RESTORATION of (1951) 8-METER HERRESHOFF RACER,
Fully restored 45ft.wooden race yacht to original condition, 1975-77,
Sail trips to remote out-islands of Caribbean and Virgin Islands from
Florida and Florida Keys, between 1978-2005, lived aboard >20 yrs.
• PRODUCTION MANAGER, MALIBU BOATS WORKS, Pompano Beach,
Florida, Supervised a staff of 13 in boat construction. 1970
Built 5 sailboats in 21-45 ft. range 1970-77.
• FORMAN, CHRIS-CRAFT CORPORATION, Alganac, MI. Division 1968,
Transferred to Pompano Beach Division, Florida, 1969
Supervised work crews of 30 persons in Fiberglass Division,
Earlier worked as ship’s carpenter apprentice in firm’s Alganac, MI.
Boat Building Division before relocating to Florida, 1968-1970
• MODEL MAKER, ANCHOR FIBERGLASS CORPORATION, Romeo, MI.
Worked on specialty assignments for prototype marine craft. 1967-68
• INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR, REICHOLD CHEMICAL CORP., 1971
Compounded special formulations for the firm for paint R & Dev.,
for auto, marine, and aircraft industry in Detroit, MI.
• JOB SETTER, CHRYSTLER MOTOR DIVISION, Warren, MI., 1965
Started as Line worker, within 6 months became job-setter on Lamb Line.
• UNIVERSITY MICHIGAN, Rochester Campus, 1965-69, part-time student,
Undergraduate studies in Mechanical Engineering, Science, Biology
• GRADUATED ROCHESTER SR. HIGH SCHOOL, Rochester, MI., 1965.
• BUILT FIRST BOAT, 14 FT. POWER BOAT, WHILE IN HIGH SCHOOL
• HYDROPONICS GROW SYSTEMS, NASA / Space Station Experimental
Studied and Constructed hydroponics growing systems for raising
herbs, vegetables; experimented with state-of-the-art
techniques, and combination grow systems. White Sands Base
• CEO, KEY WEST ROWING CLUB, INC. 1991-1998, Rowing Shells
• ARTIST, WOODEN BOAT DESIGN AND CUSTOM-MADE FURNITURE
• ORIGINATED FOUR WOODEN BOAT LINES; 16 Ft. Mahogany flush-deck Sight Fishing Boats
(“WoodBone”); Mahogany Canoes(“WoodDuck”) Custom Mahogany 18ft. Runabouts, Key West, Florida,
1996-2006, seen touring on lakes throughout the US. , “Row-mance” line of wooden rowing boats, with
sliding seat sculling model or traditional pulling boat with custom oars.
• DriftWood Dories, mahogany, river drift boat, 14-20 ft., traditional, but with a flair for beauty and grace,
drift boat fishing at its best on the great rivers of Idaho, 2006-7
• RESTORATION of 1910, 34 ft. Fantail Water Taxi, “HIGHLAND”, 2007
Using all original materials, quarter-sawn white oak, bronze fittings & screws throughout, hand-carved
wooden scallop shell sink, surrey top, canvas decks, “Green”upgrade to silent Elco electric engine, complete
repacking of all bottom seams with cotton/ slick seam, keel rebuilt,
comprising a 50% restoration. Took First Place Priest Lake Antique Boat Show 2007,
Owner, Fred Schuerman, Boise, Idaho , now berthed San Juan Islands.
• Design & Construct of 24 ft. GUIDE CANOE, powered by 20 hsp. 4-stroke Honda OB,
Alaskan Yellow Cedar over Ash steam-bent ribs, Oak-stem keel & transom, copper riveted throughout., 2009
• 80% Restoration on 1957 Century Resorter, 2008
• Total Restoration on 1962 Chris Craft Cavalier, 2008
• Design/Construct of 1940 , 19’ChrisCraft Barrel Back runabout, Nov 09.
MASTER SHIPWRIGHT, MARINE DESIGN INNOVATIONS
My life’s work has culminated in the mastery of the shipwright artisan’s skills in marine design and wooden boat construct. Combining my precision workmanship, state-of-the-art technology, with my love of all boats, plus 35 years of field expertise allows for the final product to be of exceptional quality and highest craftsmanship. Each wooden boat reflects and melds the owner’s unique desires with that of the art of the master shipwright. My professional endeavors now include the field of MARINE SURVEYING. This expands my career in utilizing my experience and expertise in the marine industry.
advertising agency marketing
web design asheville advertising agency
© 2006-14 All Rights Reserved
asheville western north carolina